How To Root Moto X 2014 on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
Motorola has announced that it has started rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop officially for its Moto series devices.
Moto X 1st and 2Nd generation of smartphones are among the most popular smartphones around the world and for all who have updated their devices using the latest Lollipop 5.0 Android OS inside them are now able to root their smartphones. Once rooted, it’s possible to then install the custom ROM firmwares combined with the apps which needs root access. While Lollipop 5.0 Android OS comes with the goodness of 5000+ APIs, custom ROM manufacturers are attempting difficult to come up with the fresh set of custom ROMs in order to make best use of Lollipop OS.
The only device which received the rooting method while running Android 5.0 Lollipop was Nexus 9, through the inventor of Rooting, Chainfire. Now once more, Motorola has won the race as Moto X 2014 has gotten the rooting method on Android 5.0 Lollipop, once more Chainfire provides his services and rooted this product too, in a complete different way, What’s promising relating to this technique is that, it’ll root your device with only one-click, thus eliminating the danger of dealing with complex steps to root the unit. Now that you have made the mind, let’s feel the preparations and rooting approach to this device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all of your data with the help of below mentioned steps and manually inside your Moto X. Don’t use any automated tools for backing the information because it won’t help you restore the information.
SMS - Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts - Sync using the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files - Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make certain your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which may be enabled in the Settings.
- Download and install Moto X drivers inside your computer because it can help you connect your device to the pc. For those who have installed the drivers you will want to restart the pc once.
Let’s go to the next phase where we’ve mentioned the detailed guide which supports you root the device.
Procedure to Root Moto X 1st and 2Nd generation smartphones on Lollipop 5.0:
- Download CF Root apply for your Moto X 1st and 2nd generation in the below mentioned links. Once downloaded, all that you should do would be to just unzip the same.
- Turn off your Nexus 4 Android smartphone in order that it could be entered within the boot loader mode. Press Volume Down + Volume Up after which press the ability button to go in the unit in the boot loader mode.
- Connect your Moto X via original USB cable to the pc within the boot loader mode.
- Double click the root-windows.bat file and stick to the on screen instructions as stated below for rooting the unit. Observe that the machine must have full USB read/ write access.
- Please observe that it will require around 4-5 minutes for rooting the unit and when rooted, download the “Root Checker” app in the Google Play Store to evaluate if the system is rooted or otherwise.