The most anticipated update of Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean is now officially available for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. The firmware with build number XXUBMGA has been rolling out for this device. Couple of days back, test firmware of same was seen on the internet. Most of the Galaxy Grand users flashed it on their devices. But being a test firmware, it wasn’t designed to have fully functional features and therefore, this caused the stability issues for them. Users reported about the same on several forums. And now, as a result, the fully functional & stable Android 4.2.2 firmware has been released for Galaxy Grand Duos. The interesting thing is- till now it had been available for Galaxy S4 & Mega only also it was expected that the second contenders to get this update would be Samsung’s previous flagship devices Galaxy S3 & Galaxy Note 2. But Samsung has skipped this update and instead both of these devices will be getting Android 4.3.
Of course, as we have used you, when installing stock Android updates on Samsung branded devices, Odin can be used. For those who are new on this area of interest, Odin is really a complex and custom tool developed and offered by Samsung and used by users who’re trying to manually apply official updates, install rooted ROMs and so forth. This means that the present operation is official and also the warranty of your Galaxy Grand won’t get void by flashing the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMGA firmware. Therefore, root access and CWM recovery isn’t required for this tutorial.
The root access should be gained only when looking into updating with custom ROMs, custom kernels or when trying to overclock / underclock your Android device for increasing the speeds / upgrading the battery life. On the same operations CWM or other custom recovery is needed because the stock Android recovery is useful when confronted with unofficial tweak procedures. But that’s not our case once we will be checking on how to flash the state Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA software on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.
Well, this tutorial works with locked and rooted smartphones; if your Grand I9082 is currently rooted, after completing the following steps, the root access is going to be revoked. The best is that the warranty can get restored because as you know, it gets voided once root access is granted. Don’t worry, the XXUBMGA firmware may also be rooted but only by using a suitable step by step guide -we will develop a guide soon so stay close. To be able to conclude here is what you need to know to date:
- Samsung rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA update for that Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082.
- The software is on offer in phases and since now it is available only in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK.
- Most likely you will need to flash the ROM manually, meaning you will have to complete this tutorial.
- When doing this, be careful and ensure that all the lines in the same are being checked out.
- This guide does apply for both rooted and unrooted smartphones.
- But, in case your phone is rooted, after installing the XXUBMGA system, the main access will be revoked.
Good, you realize the general aspects related to the current step by step guide. Now, let’s observe how to prepare your Samsung Galaxy Grand for that actual installation operation. I’ve detailed the pre requisites below, so be sure to complete the next list of tasks.
- Backup the Galaxy Grand Duos data as all of the info that is saved around the internal storage memory could easily get wiped out or corrupted.
- If possible create a Nandroid backup for saving the current ROM and backup EFS.
- Install the Grand Duos I9082 drivers on your pc (you need to have access and use a Windows running computer or notebook). It can be done manually or by using Samsung KIES 9the drivers is going to be installed through this program).
- Your smartphone and it is USB cable are being required.
- Then, to make sure that nothing stands on the way on both computer and handset temporarily deactivate the antivirus, Firewall or other security protection.
- Due to same considerations charge the battery of your device – do it only if there is less than 60% power left; else the telephone might get bricked if it gets switched off in the middle of the update operation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Grand by going to “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging”.
Perfect, now your handset is ready and you know how to avoid the unpleasant situations. Do remember that the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA firmware has been official released by Samsung just for the Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082. So, this informative guide is compatible only with the mentioned smartphone. Using the next steps on other situations could make you brick your Android based device; do not mess things up and keep to the guidelines from below.